Notice mine looks a little crazy. I have several different calendars that I manage, some that are personal just for me, and others that are shared with other staff members, students, and parents. For instance, I have separate calendars that I use for posting homework for my different classes. I also have a calendar for the Senior class that I sponsor. There is a calendar where I post my Grad School homework, and there is a calendar where I post events for Hammond's 9th grade team. Not only can I view these calendars on my home screen, but I can also post them on my website or have them appear on other people's home screen calendars. Students can also upload your calendar to their GAFE along with other teachers' calendars and have all of their homework assignments on their own calendars.
Here's how you get started:
1. Login to https://hcpss.me ON THE PUBLIC SIDE as stated in my previous post's directions
2. Click on the Calendar tab on the black toolbar
3. Create your calendars (Note: everyone starts off with a basic calendar named Your Name that is private to you. This should be your personal calendar. If you want to make a calendar to share with your classes you'd need to create a new calendar and make it public.)
How to create a calendar:
1. Make sure you are logged in on the public side
2. Find "My Calendars" on the Left Hand side and click the drop down arrow
3. Select "Create new calendar"
5. (IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THIS A CLASS CALENDAR or ONE PUBLIC WITH OTHER STAFF MEMBERS - IF YOU WANT IT TO BE PRIVATE, SKIP THIS STEP) Click the box for "Share this calendar with others" and "Make calendar public"
6. Click the "Create Calendar Button" - if you get a warning, click OK
***If you'd like to make your calendars different colors, click on the drop down menu next to the listing of calendars and select the color you'd like:
***If you'd like to share your calendar with other staff members, click on share this calendar in the same drop down menu and type in the email addresses or GAFE logins of other staff members (BONUS: they are already programmed in - just start typing their name)
You can make as many calendars as you'd like! Enjoy this awesome feature.
SIDE NOTE for organization freaks:
There are also several apps for the iPhone that will sync your google calendar with your phone. I use an app called Calendars 3.5.0. It costs $6.99 but it is some of the best money I've spent. There are other apps out there for free that I've tried, but I've found this one to be the best!




No comments:
Post a Comment