Another cool Web 2.0 you can use in your classroom is www.blaberize.com! This is a website that allows you to animate a mouth of an image of your choosing with any voice that you either record or upload. This would be a cool way to lecture your students in a more fun and interesting way. This would also be a cool way for students to do presentations in class too. Here is an example of a blabberize I made for one of my past grad school projects: http://blabberize.com/view/id/684404
I thought it would be fitting to use Blabberize today as we will be using it for our class summary tonight. You can also add comments to any Blabberize!
I think that Blabberize sounds like a fun tool for students to use in the classroom! Although, I think it would be fun for the kids to see a lecture through Blabberize I think they would get more out of it using it themselves, like you discussed.
ReplyDeleteSam- Have you ever tried using it with your students? Has anyone tried allowing their students to use Blabberize in the classroom?
Jess - I haven't used it with my students yet, but I think it would be great for students giving presentations. I have a lot of assignments like that in my Honors classes, for instance, and this might be a more creative way for them to present information to the class rather than just making and overhead or a poster.
DeleteI kind of wish it had a caption feature though. That would be nice if students are taking notes from the information.
When you click on the Share It button, you can copy the embed code and embed the Blabberize right in your blog so readers don't have to click on a link to get there.
ReplyDeleteDavid, I didn't even think about that. I may use that on my website if I ever post a Blabberize video!
Delete